Ballroom dancing lessons in Houston TX
For many people, dancing is not only a form of exercise, but it is an art. Today, more and more people are engaging themselves in ballroom dancing lessons in Houston, TX. If you are planning to enroll yourself in one of these amazing lessons, you should know first the different types of ballroom dances.
For sure you’ll know these steps or types of ballroom dances when you start doing the routines. Nonetheless, it pays to know the basic concept of each ballroom dances. Having the right knowledge of these dances will allow you to learn more and understand better the unique and specific movements of each dance steps. There’s a lot of schools that offer dance lessons Houston to learn these steps or types of ballroom dances.
Here are 9 of the most popular ballroom dances that you should know:
- Cha Cha. The Cha Cha is a very lively ballroom dance that is also full and passion and impressive energy. Some people say that a Cha Cha is a flirtatious dance due to its unique style.
- Jive. Like the Cha Cha, Jive is also a lively ballroom dance but it originated from the African-American communities in the United States. The Jive is a livelier form of Swing and a variant of the Jitterbug.
- Rumba. This ballroom dance is the most romantic and sensual dance of all the Latin ballroom dances. Rumba is also known as the “grandfather” of all the Latin ballroom dances.
- Foxtrot. If you want a ballroom dance that has a lot of fun and quite simple to learn, the foxtrot is perfect for you. The foxtrot is also an excellent dance for beginners because it is smooth and has plenty of flowing movements.
- Samba. Perhaps the most popular of all the Latin ballroom dancers, younger people like this type of ballroom dance just as well older people do. Also, this dance can be done with a partner of solo.
- Waltz. The smoothest of all the ballroom dances, the waltz is marked by long and flowing movements and a continuous rise and fall movements. Many people find waltz a gracious dance because one can glide to the floor effortlessly.
- Mambo. One of the most emotional and quite sensual ballroom dances, the Mambo is characterized by articulate arm movements, strong facial expressions and swaying hips. These specific movements adds more to the passion of the dance.
- Tango. Considered by many as one of the most fascinating of all the ballroom dances, the Tango originated in South America during the early 20th century. Tango is also one of the most sensual and emotional ballroom dances.
- Viennese Waltz. The Viennese waltz is marked by subtle rise and fall movements. But many considered this type of ballroom dance as one of the most difficult dances to learn because of its continuous rotational movements.
- Paso Doble. First originated in the southern regions of France, the Paso Doble is one of the liveliest of all the ballroom dances. Many people love to learn ballroom dancing lessons in Houston, TX because they want to learn the paso doble which is modeled in the movements of the Spanish bullfights.
- Quickstep. As the name suggests, quickstep requires extremely fast stepping feet rhythms. Quickstep is fascinating to watch but difficult to learn.
It always pays to learn the origin and the concept of the dance before you start learning it. After knowing them, it’s time to hit the dance floor and become a dancing star.